A man’s heart plans his way,
But the Lord directs his steps.
But the Lord directs his steps.
Two things before I
begin.
First, Moms are actually Superhumans and second, NEVER will I EVER judge any woman’s birth plan or chosen process of bringing their child into the world. Every birth story is unique in it’s own way.
In March 2019, Tony and I found out were expecting our first child. We were both super anxious and excited all at the same time. It's crazy how you can suddenly have so many emotions all at once. Being pregnant is by far the most interesting thing I have ever experienced. The hormonal changes, the emotions, mood swings, NAUSEA ugh, bloating, the swelling and some of the most annoying for me, the joint pain, pelvic pain and carpal tunnel syndrome (this, I totally didn't expect during pregnancy and postpartum). However, all that does not compare to the miracle and joy that comes with the experience of being pregnant. You get to feel and experience the miracle of growing a human being inside of you. How crazy is that? Although some days are better than others, everyday I got to experience pregnancy was a miracle. Nothing compares to the joy and anticipation that you have knowing that you will soon get to meet this miracle in flesh.
First, Moms are actually Superhumans and second, NEVER will I EVER judge any woman’s birth plan or chosen process of bringing their child into the world. Every birth story is unique in it’s own way.
In March 2019, Tony and I found out were expecting our first child. We were both super anxious and excited all at the same time. It's crazy how you can suddenly have so many emotions all at once. Being pregnant is by far the most interesting thing I have ever experienced. The hormonal changes, the emotions, mood swings, NAUSEA ugh, bloating, the swelling and some of the most annoying for me, the joint pain, pelvic pain and carpal tunnel syndrome (this, I totally didn't expect during pregnancy and postpartum). However, all that does not compare to the miracle and joy that comes with the experience of being pregnant. You get to feel and experience the miracle of growing a human being inside of you. How crazy is that? Although some days are better than others, everyday I got to experience pregnancy was a miracle. Nothing compares to the joy and anticipation that you have knowing that you will soon get to meet this miracle in flesh.
Here are a few things
that I learned along the way:
1.
Don’t do
this journey alone: Though
your husband may be your number one confidant, reach out to other Mamas or Mamas-to-be
whom you can trust and talk about anything with and ask some of those pressing
questions that you may have. From my experience, people especially friends who
have gone through it before genuinely want to help and are not gonna
judge you. Of course, you will want to use your judgement to decide those you
want to reach out to.
2.
Lay
off dr. Google a little bit: As
tempting as it is to go straight to the internet for every symptom you may
experience, it may just drive you a bit crazy and cause you unnecessary anxiety
that you do not need especially during pregnancy. If you have any questions
concerning your specific symptoms, write them down and ask your doctor at your
next visit.
3.
Try
your best to keep a positive mindset and attitude:
Pregnancy comes with it so many hormonal changes that you may not even realize
when your angry or upset for sometimes no good reason aside the fact that you
just feel terrible. As difficult as it may seem at times, try to keep your mindset
positive and as optimistic as possible. It will also keep you from saying things
or acting in a way that you may not necessarily mean.
4.
Give
yourself some grace: Pregnancy is a beautiful but not so easy
journey, it is important to remember that you are doing exceptionally well every
step of the way even with all that swelling and bloating that makes you feel 100
pounds heavier than you are and an 8 month belly that prevents you from tying
your own shoelaces. You are doing great and don’t let anyone make you feel otherwise.
I could go on but we may be here for a while.
In all, my
pregnancy granted me an experience that helped me to grow in ways that I didn’t
think possible (no pun intended). It gave me the chance to see God’s supernatural
power at work. Despite having our baby earlier than anticipated, it made me understand
that I can make all the plans that I want and do all the right things, but God is
the ultimate decision maker in every journey.
Ellie-Grace Mambwe was born on Wednesday Nov 6, 2019. She loves to eat, cuddle especially with daddy and sleep. Being new parents has not been the easiest thing but we get through
each day by grace. Today our little one is 1 month old and all I can say is God has been
faithful.
Signed,
Lynnette M.
Comments
Post a Comment